There has been a lot going on this week but most importantly there has been a KS2 Sports Day and Wake and a Shake competition.
by Rosie and Danielle
There has been a lot going on this week but most importantly it was KS2 Sports Day and the Wake and Shake competition.
The songs that have been chosen by each class for their wake and shake routines are:
- Foundation Morning Melons: Jump On It
- Foundation Afternoon Apples: Surfing Bird
- Monarch: Pitbull - Feel This Moment
- Ruby: Bom Bom Bom!
- Timperley: Justin Bieber feat Will.i.am #Thatpower
- Sunrise: Work Hard -Neyo, David Guetta and Akon
- Tilden: Beach Boys- Surfin’ USA
- Crimson: 1D- Beautiful
- Sutton: Ant&Dec - Let’s Get Ready to Rumble
- Cherry: Swedish House Mafia -Don’t You Worry Child
- Paragon: I Need Your Love-Ellie Goulding and Calvin Harris.
The wake and shake was on Friday morning and was won by Timperley Class with Paragon Class a close runner up.
Sports Day has come early this year and it was on Wednesday for KS2! We were all split into different groups linked to different countries. The Sports Day took place at Shay Fields (in Carlton). There were a few different kinds of races this year like;
- Jelly Relay
- Space Hopper Race
- Caterpillar Race
- Welly Wanging
- Water Palava
- Raft Race
- Basket Ball Throwing
- Long Jump
Team USA won on Wednesday captained by Imogen. Unfortunately KS1 Sports Day was rained off on Friday so fingers crossed for next week!